2023 and the change of plan.
- The style of weeknotes I'd like to provide are a mix of personal updates that I can look back on in the future, and sharing content that I've been interested in that week. I definitely feel like I've not achieved the latter over the last few weeks; straying too far into the "trite-public-journal-entry" style of writing that I find boring to read, let alone write. I'm not sure quite where to change that, as obviously this is a public forum and I'm not at all interested in oversharing - but I equally don't want this to turn into a weekly listicle.
- Tim and Andreas expressed my feeling on this well. Twitter is far more "cozy" and a nicer environment now
some slactivist voices have left for elsewhere, and it's not even that I don't agree with many of those folk.
Yeah, there's been a substantial decrease in superficial politics and slacktivism on my timeline and I've got no problem with that whatsoever 😅— Andreas Kling (@awesomekling) January 2, 2023
- I've set myself a goal of finishing 1 book a week. I know this likely wont last too long, but I'll enjoy it whilst it does! I'll provide updates here as to what I've finished each week.
- There was a change of plan with the side project this week after talking to some people. A blog post will be
forthcoming when I launch the project, but the scope has been narrowed down by about 90%, and after a few
days of thinking about it - I think I'm happy with that decision.
There was a risk of upsetting some people, and potentially accidentally deadnaming others, which is a risk I'm not at
all willing to take for mysake or theirs.
That said, it's pretty much ready to launch and at this point I'm mostly procrastinating on the final couple of outstanding tasks. Most of the work I've done on it to date has been deleted due to the change of direction. And using Bridgetown now again feels like overkill and I'm questioning that approach. Ho hum.
- Finished reading: Total Recall - Arnold Schwarzenegger